RETURN TO DESCRIPTION OF ALL EPISODES
Update Required To play the media you will need to either update your browser to a recent version or update your Flash plugin.
Why Cincinnati Should Not Sell Off Its Municipal Railroad, with Josh Junker2022-12-01
Cincinnati is the only city that owns a railroad; they're looking to change this by selling it off permanently. Josh Junker is here to talk about all the ways this is imprudent. Discussion also about other transportation issues, including the incomplete subway, and working with hostile state government.
Recommended books on Cincinnati Transportation:
- The Railroad and the City: A Technological and Urbanistic History of Cincinnati; Carl Condit, 1977 (Ohio State University Press)
- Cincinnati's Incomplete Subway: The Complete History; Jacob R. Mecklenborg, 2010 (History Press)
- Cincinnati Streetcars (Volumes 1-10); Wagner & Wright 1968-1997 (Wagner Car Press)
- Boss Cox's Cincinnati: Urban Politics in the Progressive Era; Zane Miller, 1970 (University of Michigan Press)
- The Louisville, Cincinnati & Charleston Rail Road: Dreams of Linking North and South; H. Roger Grant, 2014 (Indiana University Press)